Ah. It was only after about 20 kms of riding that old motor overheated. But I’m not complaining – I was testing the limits of the setup and certainly found them… This happened while waiting for the summer holidays to start. I got lucky and managed to order new motor from Jozz Bikes and new controller from Kelly. Both arrived very fast and so the bike has now new motor and new controller installed in place. Both are quite a bit more powerful than previous units were. Motor is Agnimotor 95R and controller is Kelly KDHE / 122V / 600A. Now the bike is quite a bit more fun to drive – maximum power from the batteries is now about 30 kW and now the bike finally accelerates quite happily
I have also found an new display for EV-use. I call it “EV UI”. It has IP67 protection, CAN bus and colors. I’m using it for all my EV-display needs and hopefully manage to deliver it to some other EV-conversions too. Here is a picture:
I’m using an mobile PLC to read temperature values from the controller and from the motor. Those values are sent to the CAN-bus and the display-device then reads and displays them. I hope this new “EV UI”- display will replace old eGUI mini and eGUI – displays totally. Certainly it’s way more robust, easier to install and easier for me to debug & program. And the price is in the same range – about 450 eur per display. Elithion Lithiumind is going to be the first BMS that I will support with this display. Others may follow.